To contact the Albert Park Lawn Tennis Club
Call 0409 935 936 during business hours
Write to PO Box 127, Albert Park, VIC 3206.
To apply for join, read more on the Membership page.
Keen to play without committing to a team?
Then turn up to the club on:
Anytime from 8.30 am you’ll find a group of members keen for a hit. We play a rotating doubles-only formula and everyone gets two serves in the eight-game sets.. A co-ordinator assigns doubles combinations and order of play so everyone gets a fair amount of court time. We ask for $1 donation for new balls. You can come early for a quick set or stay for the entire morning, and, inevitably, you will find a gang keen to head down to the Dundas Place Café for a coffee at the end of play.
Members are welcome to play doubles from 5.30 pm. The group playing currently are all men who have been together for a long time and play a high standard.
The action kicks off around 5.30 pm with play continuing until around 8.30-9 pm. We follow the same guidelines as Sunday social tennis with eight games per set. Around the time the lights go on the barbecue is fired up. It’s BYO your meat, fish and drink, but there are always plenty of drinks, nibbles and salads to share.
HAVING A HIT ETIQUETTE
Order of Play
There’s been some confusion so to clarify:
- Coaching sessions or a booking in progress takes precedence over social play.
- If there are senior and junior members waiting to play, seniors have priority over juniors.
- If a set is being played, whether its seniors or juniors, any arriving member must wait for the set to finish before they can play.
- If a parent who is a member is having a hit – but not actually playing a set -- with a young child, they are allowed to play for 20 minutes after other members arrive for a game.
- Both seniors and juniors may have a visitor who has the same rights as the member. But remember that visitors must be signed in and a $5 visitor fee applies to all age groups. Visitors are restricted to two visits per month.
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH?
If you are looking for someone to have a hit with outside of those times, then put your name and phone number on the noticeboard in the clubhouse to be contacted by like-minded players.