To contact the Albert Park Lawn Tennis Club
Call 0409 935 936 during business hours
Write to PO Box 127, Albert Park, VIC 3206.
To apply for join, read more on the Membership page.
President's Report 2018
- The President, Peter Davidson thanked all of the Committee for their work during the past year and especially mentioned Anna Hunt for her continued work in getting ideas/quotes about the resurfacing of the courts.
- Peter mentioned the installation of the green shade cloth on Court 2 which had been requested by the Women’s team as well as other members.
- LIGHTS: These were recently installed and the meeting was asked to acknowledge the input of one of our members Bruce Easton, for his advice and recommendations.
- A new storage unit has been provided for the DEFIBRILATOR. It is not locked so as to give easy access. Questions were asked about a training day on how to use it. A notice will be put in the newsletter asking for interested personnel to attend such a training day.
- Pennant Teams: Our men’s and women’s teams continue to represent us and are currently playing in the Bayside Tennis Association competition. The current captains Anna Hunt and Bill Katelis are always looking for potential players.
- Peter thanked Ron Hall for his work as Treasurer and Peter baker for reviewing the club accounts.
- Hughie Fowler who has been somewhat of a Sunday morning regular is in hospital after a heart attack. A card has been purchased for members to sign today.
- UPDATED BOOKLET FOR VISITORS: Peter referred to this and thanked Neale Jolly and Dean Stewart for their work in putting it together (especially Dean with his Drone photo). The booklets are located in the brochure holder inside the door to the courts.
- SATURDAY MORNING COACHING: This continues to flourish, with some of Nicole’s pupils from many years ago coming back to act as assistant coaches.
- JUNIOR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS: These were held recently and a full list of the winners accompanied by photos is on the club noticeboard.
- Peter acknowledged BISBAS Hardware who had been mentioned in the recent newsletter for their work in selling tokens for the lights. He also mentioned an ad for Dennis Klapas.
In Conclusion, Peter said that our club is a very successful club. We have full membership and a long waiting list and we are involved in supporting the community by providing lessons for Albert Park Secondary College.
He invited all present to our Annual Christmas Drinks on Sunday 23rdDecember